Saturday, November 5, 2011

...be still long enough...



Think Like a Tree
by Karen I. Shragg

soak up the sun
affirm life's magic
be graceful in the wind
stand tall after a storm
feel refreshed after it rains
grow strong without notice
be prepared for each season
provide shelter to strangers
hang tough through a cold spell
emerge renewed at the first signs of spring
stay deeply rooted while reaching for the sky
be still long enough to
hear your own leaves rustling.

this shadow was barely visible in the
last evening sun.
but i found it.
i do so love trees.
found this poem...
which speaks to me also.
light + objects = shadows
hope to catch your shadows later.
i have an open house at my new job
from 11-2 today.
then off to take some senior pictures.
it is going to be a gorgeous
november weekend.
may you hear the rustling of your leaves.
be still.
just BE.
robin.

12 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

A beautiful weekend in store for us too...YIPPEE...I used to love to throw those seeds into the air and watch them whirl back to earth...fun stuff, back in the day!

I'm off to work as well, so comments will wait till this afternoon for me too, but I caught ya early, so have a great day Robin...hey Tilda...new wool socks...I'm walking on a cloud(it's the little things)(and chocolate)(for medicinal purposes only)(yeah right)!!!

See ya for the java!!!

s

Sylvia K said...

Wonderful captures and I love Shragg's words! Great advice for the season -- well, any season actually! Great thoughts to start the day! Hope you have a lovely weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Robin that was simply BEAUTIFUL !
Pictures and poem : )
I am a lover of trees as well .. I have squeezed as many as I can on our little city plot .. I can never have enough of them !
Joy : )

Ralph said...

We often see shadows showing below. Yet here, the translucent seeds show a stylish and subtle from within. Neat! Nature's artistry never fails to impress...

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Maple wings, ready to take flight--just like me! Thank you!



SHADOW, WILL YOU?

Shadow, will you always be
Here where I can always see
What you do and how you play?
Or will you just slip away?


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Sunflower Stippled with Shadows

Anonymous said...

A lovely poem to go with your shadows!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love the idea of being still like a tree! Especially love the words:
"be still long enough to
hear your own leaves rustling."
Such magical thoughts tend to linger so beautifully! And the shadow shot is is a gentle reminder of those words!

Unknown said...

Beautiful subtle shadows cast by the seed pod. Love your work, and love your "Jack Frost" photos in your previous blog.

Patti said...

Beautiful shadows inside the dead leaves!

Love these photos. And I do keep trying to just "be."

genie said...

YOUr shadows shot and your poetry are both beautiful You are so talented. The second shot is gorgeous Love the colors and the frame for the first one. genie

Hootin Anni said...

So very dramatic!! And quite poetic too.

Off the Pier...shadows is my link, if you'd care to view.

Have a great day.

Chubby Chieque said...

Always love to visit you and read your prost.

It always give me the thoughts of whatever. Reading it again and again.

Hope you have a great Sunday.
/chie