Tuesday, January 20, 2009

...crisp....

I purchased some new books in the beginning of this month...
I've read The Secret Live of Bees-Sue Monk Kidd
I've read The Wednesday Letters-Jason F. Wright
I'm reading Life is a Verb-Patti Digh
also reading...Big Russ & Me-Tim Russert
...all since the beginning of January. All VERY good books. I highly recommend them.

But where I was going with all of this...I also have cracked open yet another book. One that is going to inspire me to think more brilliantly, laugh more often and ignite my creative passion...and simply create a lot more "awe" into my daily life.

The book The Awe-Manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder by Jill Badonsky!!!!!

The word in the title above is CRISP. I am to name today. I named today crisp...as indicated in my picture of the morning sun peeking through the pines.


Next I am to "write as if there were a little door you could go through into a safe life area of happiness." "what does the door look like?" "what does it feel like to go through the door?" -The Awe-Manac A Daily Dose of Wonder
door.
to my happiness.
do I dare open it...or should I remain still...keep it shut?
hand on the knob.
take a breath.
it's open.
possibilities.
inside.
warmth, sunshine.
a soft breeze gently blowing my hair around my face.
there is acceptance.
behind my door.
I smile.
BE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
deb did it said...

oh that sun peeking thru the trees...SO BEAUTIFUL. you captured one perfect moment!and what a great door, along with your visual. That book sounds like a very good daily prompt! Keep us posted.

laurie said...

Love the sun peeking. Haven't been seeing that around here nearly enough. Deb told me about your site, too! I missed all the negative degrees and came back to "warmer" temps, though it was 65-70 every day I was in California. The sun was so very nice.

Anonymous said...

i love the sun peeking through...this is a beautiful photo...i especially love how you conclude this post, which feels so very synchronous with where my thoughts have been for a few days...