Saturday, June 6, 2009

...be gentle...

i love the spider's little leg shadow...i thought it was cool to have caught that!!!

"remember to
be gentle
with yourself and others.
we are all children of chance,
and none can say
why some fields will blossom
and others lay
brown beneath the August
sun.
care for those around you.
look past your differences.
their dreams are no less than yours,
their choices in life no more easily made.
and give.
give in any way you can,
of whatever you possess.
to give is to love.
to withhold is to wither.
care less for your harvest
than how it is shared,
and your life
will
have
meaning
and
your
heart
will
have
peace."
~kent nerburn

thank you lovely joanne for this authors id.



it is another saturday in the usa...
but if you are a sss you know we post
today for shadows.
that being said...
check out HEY HARRIET

what will you give today?
just BE.
robin.

16 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

No truer words were spoken, simple shadows, simple thoughts...

Have a wonderful day, though it's raining here, I just planted more radish and lettuce so it is welcomed by me...

Enjoy Ganny's iris...me too friend...

off to work!

word verification...sharing...

thanks

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Robin,
This is one of the most beautiful and touching poems I have ever read. I do hope you find out the author and let me know. I will likely copy this one into my new Joy journal. Let me know?
jan@awakenedliving.com. Lovely photo, too, speaks of true gentleness. Have a peace-filled weekend!

joanne said...

happy Saturday :)

the image and quote are so lovely to start this new day... thank you for posting...

(the quote, btw, is from Kent Nerburn)

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Joanne and Robin,
I am so happy to learn the author. I do love Kent Nerburn, have two of his books, so no wonder I resonated. Thank you! This goes into my Joy Journal. You've made my day...

Sylvia K said...

The lovely words and beautiful shadow shot are, indeed, a wonderful way to start the day! Have a lovely weekend and thanks for the beauty!

robin. said...

joanne~thank you again for the authors name.
jan~ i am glad that will find a way into your joy journal today...
sharon~love the word verification!!
sylvia~ i am so glad you stopped by and that the rest of your day brings beauty.

Catherine said...

a lovely subtle and delicate shadow shot...

Chubby Chieque said...

The words are so beautiful w/ a wonderful flower.

Now, I can sleep tight.

xoxo

Sarah said...

Lovely delicate shadow. I like the poem-a good reminder to us of how to treat ourselves and others.
I have actually managed to do my post on Saturday for the first time ever!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Hello Robin! Love your poem this afternoon - so lovely! Such a delicate shadow shot too!

Hey Harriet said...

Beautiful words and thanks so much for sharing them with us. I'm going to print them out for future reference because I like them so much. A lovely photo also :)

just jody said...

beautiful shot and words.......

Dianne said...

thoughtful words
sweet little blossom

Shannon said...

as always... inspired by your quotes! Those spider legs are so very cool in shadow!

Linda said...

The shadow of a spider's leg! I would never have noticed that ... absolutely fantastic!

Chris said...

Okay okay DUH

Now THAT I can't miss.