Sunday, July 14, 2013

...7.14.13...







i sat with my momma this morning.
on her porch.
and she mentioned this song.
"In the park I saw a daddy,
With a laughin' little girl who he was swingin'.
And I stopped beside a Sunday school,
And listened to the song they were singin'.
Then I headed back for home,
And somewhere far away a lonely bell was ringin'.
And it echoed through the canyons, 
Like the disappearing dreams of yesterday."
"...And it took me back to somethin',
That I'd lost somehow, somewhere along the way..."
i think.
life really gets in the way.
when we let it.
it is in the letting go.
that we find peace.
welcome to coffee hour.
welcome to this Sunday morning.
just BE.
robin.

1 comment:

Sylvia K said...

That song was/is an old favorite of mine and the words really hit home this morning! And your words are wise as always, Robin. Beautiful captures to go with the wise words. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week!