Sunday, September 16, 2012

...9.16.12...














i knew a man in college who grew up in the inner city of chicago & what he was doing in iowa i never did figure out. but whenever he would see a jet trailing across the sky, he would stop everything he was doing & he would watch. once, after a jet was gone & there was nothing left but the white line disappearing like a scar into the blue, he turned to me & said, an airplane is a miracle & i didn't give it much thought, but now & then, when i am ready to give up hope for human beings in general, & for one or two of them who are bugging me specifically, i will look to the sky & there will be one of those miracles & i will remember it's all about concentrating on the right thing.
~storypeople

running slightly behind.
this morning.
we were out of town.
on our way home.
we picked up some.
mums.
i happily was placing them
about the backyard.
it is a lovely fall day.
and it took my attention away.
from coffee hour.
as you can tell.
i have an infatuation with storypeople.
as i browsed through.
their stories.
this one caught my eye.
stuff happened this past week.
the kind of stuff that.
"makes you ready to give up hope.
for human beings in general."
but when you look up.
and you dust off that "stuff".
and if you let yourself.
you can see.
the miracles that just are.
a new day.
a fresh start.
true friendships.
unconditionally.
the clean air of possibilities.
yup.
leave that other "stuff".
wallowing in it's own misery.
where it belongs.
welcome to coffee hour.
welcome to this glorious Sunday day.
just BE.
robin.

4 comments:

Scrappy Grams said...

Your story telling is engrossing, but you would have driven me nuts if I'd had you as a student in my class! I love your photos as well. You make smile! :)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Of all the photos, the third shot is my favorite.

Bold Shadow, come and see it. Your comment will be greatly appreciated!

Rose

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Robin girl you must be so damn excited : )
I love all of your pictures but especially the top one and the frog and of course the coffee and pumpkin!!
I think I told you I bought 2 pots of mums and 5 pumpkins , 2 sort of big ? and 3 little ones ..too cute .. makes me *SMILE* big time when I look at them! have a blast getting the hell out of Dodge , girl !
Joy ... wink wink

Leah said...

Wise words Robin.
What is it about Fall?
I have turned into a camera fool lately...its the most beautiful time of the year.
Storypeople has a way of landing the right words at the right time in your email doesn't it?
Cheers,
Leah