Sunday, December 4, 2011

...12.4.11...




it is december.
i may have shared this before.
but i want to share it again.

on the first day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
                              the gift of my undivided attention
on the second day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
            the gift of enthusiasm
on the third day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
                  the gift of creative energy
on the forth day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
                                 the gift of simple seasonal pleasures
on the fifth day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
          the gift of tenderness
on the sixth day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
           the gift of good cheer
on the seventh day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
    the gift of beauty
on the eighth day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
                the gift of communication
on the ninth day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
     the gift of surprise
on the tenth day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
    the gift of wonder
on the eleventh day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
                         the gift of peaceful surroundings
on the twelth day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
the gift of joy
~simple abundance
a daybook of comfort and joy
sarah ban breathnach

this plant.
a pansy.
has been around since may.
may!
it survived the frost.
i brought it up on the porch.
it has survived.
temps of 24 degrees.
today.
i brought it in.
it is possible.
it may not like the heat of the house.
but for today.
this pansy.
is my gift of surprise.
my gift of wonder.
my gift of peaceful surroundings.
my gift of joy.
what a wonderful way to start out decemeber.
welcome to coffee hour.
welcome to this Sunday morning.
just BE.
robin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love photos...is that some fancy smancy iphone app?
Your 12 days of Christmas poem is just great.
Cheers,
Leah