Sunday, August 28, 2011

...8.28.11...

each blade of grass has its spot on earth whence it draws its life,
its strength;
 and so is man rooted to the land from which he draws his faith together with his life.
~joseph conrad



earth and sky,
 woods and fields,
lakes and rivers,
the mountain and the sea,
are excellent schoolmasters,
and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.
~john lubbock
small delights in my yard today.
that caught my eye when i was looking the other way.
and made my heart smile. 

and this,
 our life,
 exempt from public haunt,
finds tongues in trees,
 books in the running brooks,
sermons in stones,
and good in everything.
~william shakespears


perfect 4 part harmony
of the crickets,
of the water fountain,
of the chickadee,
of the sandhill cranes
flying in sync,
as their voices trumpet
and echo through the hardwoods.
and at that moment.
all is well.
with my soul.
welcome to coffee hour.
welcome to this Sunday morning.
just BE.
robin.

2 comments:

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very nice composition in every photo.

Regards!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful shots, and the quotes you selected were perfect as well. Such a well written sweet verse you sneaked in the end there too. I was raised in the country, but it was not until I started gardening as an adult, and began raising my daughters, that I started to see all the parallels in nature to my own little world.
It never ceases to amaze amaze me.
Cheers,
Leah