Sunday, September 13, 2009

...9.13.09...

"Something good comes from all things bad and the blessing of September 11th, for me, was one of perspective.
I appreciate the things I once took for granted but never thought to question.
I understand the difference between having fun and being happy.
I realize time is a precious commodity and the arbiter of fate.
I’ve learned that a dream is only as powerful as those who believe in it, the difference between lessons and mistakes are the ability to learn from them and that the friction between opinions is where true education is born.
And after a long, hard road, I’ve found that negative energy is wasted energy, money comes and goes and viewing obstacles as opportunities defines success.
Eight years after that fateful day, our country finds itself in a fragile socioeconomic state and a false sense of security.
It’s easy to be angry, place blame and lash out as the ramifications of the financial crisis ripple, the next wave approaches and policymakers seek solutions that will lower the standard of living for our children.
Today, however, is a day of reflection, a day of remembrance, a day of personal introspection.
If the greatest wisdom is bred as a function of pain, we’re blessed with the opportunity to evolve and the experience to remember.
It should never take something bad to make us realize we've got it good and we have profound reasons for gratitude.
On this day, September 11th, let’s take a moment to appreciate what we have rather than lament about what we don’t.
Tomorrow, as they say, is promised to nobody."
~a piece from Minyanville founder Todd Harrison
i believe
this is well said.
and i have nothing to add
except...
welcome to coffee hour.
welcome to this Sunday morning.
just BE.
robin.

2 comments:

Chubby Chieque said...

How the poetic Lady here? Hope your in the best of everything.

You always share the most romantic shot I seen this SS...

Have a cozy one.
xoxo

A Wild Thing said...

Well, it's Tuesday morning and your words ring so true in my ear...as I sit typing away enjoying each breath of air and hot cup o joe I'm pals with this AM...

...been up since 4:30, not wanting to miss one second of the sunrise(though I'm a bit early)...even though we have cloud cover today...I listen to the sounds of crickets...such a glorious symphony...if we only would listen and hear with an open heart!

Have a wonderful week busy Sister, say hi to Ma and have a cup for me too...later...s