Sunday, March 8, 2009

March 8, 2009

Land of the free because of the brave...
today was the first morning of
coffee on the porch.
soon the neighbors...
my mom and my pa
will join coffee hour.
today was a little on the cold side...
none-the-less
fellowship took place
with the
whippoorwill,
chickadees,
a blue jay
and even a red winged black bird.
the pines were whispering
in the wind
and the flag joined in with perfect harmony
adding it's sweet crisp sound as it unfurled
in the wind and with the pines.
...perfect three part harmony.
nothing like nature
to feed your
soul.
just BE.
robin.

2 comments:

Carole said...

Robin, I had to stop and leave a comment on your lovely blog. I have felt a lot of sadness lately, and that is just not like me at all. I think it has a lot to do with my mother and the sadness her dementia brings me. After reading the last three posts on your blog, you have reminded me of how nature has it's way of lifting your spirits. Thank you. I going to take a walk now and I know that I will be so much better afterwards.
Thank you.
Carole

robin. said...

Carole~i'm glad you stopped by and left your comment. i am so sorry to hear of your mom's dementia. this is a difficult illness to deal with. we know we can't change their illness, only how we deal with it. some days are better than others. remember to take time for yourself, remember happier times...do something for you everyday so that you don't lose site of yourself. I will say a prayer for you and your mom...for strength and comfort along this difficult journey.

hugs~
robin