Monday, January 26, 2009

Frost

the morning frost
stood up
on the branches
like
goosebumps
up and down
your
spine
when being gently
caressed by someone
you love.


despite the cold, despite the snow...
i love the early morning
while the sun is coming up
it is silent
your breath
surrounds your face in a cloudy mist
the cool air pierces your lungs
with each breath
you take
it makes
this season
worth it
the
gray branches of the trees
become
radiant once more
against the
colors of the sky.
i will be
okay with
winter
as long as
i can
experience moments like
this.

and just BE.
robin

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Beautiful pictures and sentiment here. Winter has such pretty moments, like those frosty early mornings. Enjoyed browsing here!

Anonymous said...

this is so incredibly beautiful...moments of such cold are so very rare for me...to be experienced only when i travel...

reading your poem is just like feeling it myself...i can feel my lungs filled with the cold and the visibility of my exhale...i can feel the ache in my ears when i am in very cold temperatures...i can feel my eyes stinging...and my hands cuddled up in mittens...and i can feel the intense relief of a warm bowl of soup and a crackling fire...