Sunday, November 25, 2012

...11.25.12...

the faces of elliott grey









The dog may be wonderful prose, but only the cat is poetry.
French Proverb

 ellie's first snow...





she closed her eyes and thought of her year.
it couldn't just be the 'good' she was thankful for.
it had to be the 'all'...
the fullness, the depths, the journey.
the dance of life.
for these, she gave thanks.

 terri
(from Bone Sigh Arts)

i can not be grateful.
just for the good.
i have to embrace the bad.
as well.
and sometimes.
it just takes.
the expression of a little being.
to turn this journey around.
he is not my "blue".
he never will be.
he has his own quirks.
that make my soul happy.
if only for a moment.
find something...no matter big or small.
find that something.
that makes your soul happy.
and dance this life.
welcome to coffee hour.
welcome to this Sunday morning.
just BE.
robin.

6 comments:

Laura said...

oh Robin... I hear you... and your kitty is exquisite... we must indeed open our hearts to be grateful for all... everything, every moment, every experience, every breath a teacher, a gift, a blessing to be revealed and thankful for.

Jeannie Marie said...

Those blue eyes are beautiful. Such expressions too! Lovely work.

Molly said...

Jeanne took the words right out of my mouth. Those blue eyes. They get you every time.

Unknown said...

Cats are so beautiful - slinky, graceful, clever ... and yours is exquisite. She was so sweet to let you capture her.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Robin girl how are you ?
This was a wonderful post .. I can not get over how similar our cats are .. Elliot Gray and Sophie could be siblings .. it is amazing!
The quotes were perfect and so were your words : )
Joy

Leah said...

I love these pictures. I have to tell you Robin we just got our first pet ever: a 3 month old kitten. I surprised the socks off myself and everyone who knows me by suggesting it in the first place, and can say that I am in fact such a cat person now. Their self-sufficient, loner personality pairs so well with me. So graceful and funny, yes. My husband is the one who picked out our Mr. Bo Jangles and rescued him, and so Mr.Bo is simply in love with Tim...another thing we have in common!
As always I love you inspirational words and quotes.
Cheers,
Leah